EVERY LAST BREATH (THE DARK ELEMENTS #3) – JENNIFER L. ARMENTROUT

Some loves will last ’til your dying breath...
Every choice has consequences—but Layla faces tougher choices than most. Light or darkness. Wickedly sexy demon prince Roth, or Zayne, the gorgeous Warden she never thought could be hers. Hardest of all, Layla has to decide which side of herself to trust.
Torn between two worlds, Layla has no certainties, especially when an old bargain comes back to haunt them. But sometimes, when the truth seems unknowable, you have to listen to your heart, pick a side—and then fight like hell…

I was really looking forward to reading this, I mean, after the first two books I had high hopes and, once again, Armentrout didn’t let me down.  Everything that I hoped would happen, did, along with some moments that I really hoped wouldn’t... but we’ll get onto that later.

Having found out the identity of the Lilin, Layla’s universe seemed to collapse.  With no family to turn to, Layla is determined to both repair her shattered relationship with her adoptive family and secure the world from utter, apocalypse-style annihilation.  Now, decked out with mysterious new powers and unusual feathered wings, it is up to Layla to decide which part of her to listen to (demon or warden) and fight like crazy to save her race and the rest of the damn world, from the devastation of the Lilin.  

Filled with adorable banter, exhilarating action and toe-curling romance, this book has everything and, if you can’t tell, I absolutely loved it to pieces!   

Despite the fact that this trilogy can be a little bit predictable and that I am still not quite decided on what I think of the ending, I enjoyed every moment.  I even brought myself to appreciate those where Armentrout decided to have my hear torn from my chest and chucked into an incinerator...



That just about sums up my time with the Dark Elements trilogy - it definitely hurts, but who doesn't like a bit of pain.  

It is definitely not a book for everyone, with a love triangle and a whole heap of soppy scenes but I think it is really well written with strong characters and a kickass leading lady, perfect for teens with a soft spot for love and a passion for the supernatural.  If you are a confessed romantic, this is a great book for you!  

And just to finish it off, I will leave you with my favourite quote:
You’re like the cute version of the village idiot.

Rating: 4/5


Get your hands on the final book of this awesome trilogy from Book Depository here, or, for an awesome price, at Amazon here.

Comments

Popular Posts